At Kansas City ObGyn we provide comprehensive obstetric care through every stage of pregnancy and beyond. We partner with our patients from preconception through to postpartum and are intentional about treating the whole woman, not just her pregnancy. Our dedicated obstetrics department is proud to offer exceptional healthcare and we work hard to ensure that our patients have the healthiest and most positive pregnancy and birth experience possible.
Whether you are newly pregnant or just thinking about having a baby, the best way to prepare for a healthy pregnancy is to receive timely prenatal care. Our doctors and staff offer a full range of prenatal medical and support services in the privacy and comfort of our obstetricians' offices in Overland Park.
Our routine prenatal services include:
- Well woman exams
- Prenatal nutrition counseling
- General lab tests (blood, urine, glucose)
- First and second trimester ultrasound
- Help with managing pregnancy symptoms
Labor & Delivery Services
We believe that women should feel comfortable with their labor and delivery options and we support them in their individual birth goals. Our physicians and nurses work with our patients on a one-on-one basis so they can feel confident, prepared and at ease when it is time to have their babies.
All of our patients deliver their babies at Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
Our labor and delivery services include:
- Assistance with creating a personalized birth plan
- Non-medical labor pain management
- Medical labor pain management (IV, epidural, pudendal anesthesia)
- Obstetric surgery, including Cesarean section
- VBAC (Vaginal Birth after C-Section)
Specialized Obstetric Services
Every woman hopes that her pregnancy will progress smoothly, but we understand that this is not always the case. Sometimes women and their babies need extra care, additional health services, and special monitoring. No matter if our patients present with a complication in the first or third trimester, we are well equipped to provide appropriate services for high risk pregnancies.
At Kansas City ObGyn, we offer the following special services for high risk pregnancies:
- Management of first trimester vaginal bleeding
- Screening for genetic issues including antenatal testing
- Fetal Surveillance
- Management of miscarriage
- Referral services to IVF
The staff at Kansas City ObGyn are committed to providing ongoing support and medical care to our patients after they give birth. The recovery time following pregnancy and delivery has both physical and emotional components. We are here to offer health services and additional support so our patients can make a healthy transition into parenthood.
Our postpartum services include:
- Guidelines for postpartum self-care and recovery
- Assistance with breastfeeding
- Family planning counseling
- Prescriptions for preferred methods of contraception
- Referrals to emotional support services
Helping New Families Thrive When New Baby Arrives
The obstetricians and obstetrics staff at Kansas City ObGyn have a patient-first mindset and we have designed a practice with that in mind. We prioritize access to excellent healthcare in a safe and private environment and we value the opportunity to partner with the women in our community and help them towards their goals of building happy, healthy families.